Super sweet treats!
Yummy & Easy to Make!
These Oreo "look alikes" are soft on the outside with a creamy filling on the inside.
They are quick to whip up with only a few simple ingredients.
The recipe calls for two chocolate cake mixes which you can mix and match to suit your taste.
Dark Chocolate Fudge and Devil's Food were a great combination!
One important tip for making these cookies is to use parchment paper on your cookie sheet.
Normally I don't use parchment paper when making cookies, but with this recipe it is very helpful. It makes the soft cookies very easy to remove from the pan and of course makes clean up much faster!
To make each cookie uniform, I dropped one rounded tablespoon of dough onto the parchment paper and then slightly flatted it with a spoon.
A trick for filling the cookies is to place a drop of frosting in the center of the cookies and press them together to spread the frosting.
Here's the recipe for you to try...
Click on recipe title for printable versionIngredients:
2 Chocolate cake mixes
2/3 Vegetable Oil
8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
1/4 c. Butter (softened)
2 c. Powdered Sugar
1/2 t. Vanilla
Milk to thin
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Stir cake mix, eggs and oil until blended
3. Drop by rounded tablespoon and slightly flatten with spatula
4. Bake 10-12 minutes until firm
5. Cool on wire rack
6. Blend cream cheese and butter together
7. Add powdered sugar and vanilla
8. Thin with milk to reach desired consistency
9. Spread frosting between two cookies
I'm Linking To: