Saturday, December 19, 2009
Monday, December 7, 2009
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
My sweet grandma recently gave me my first sewing machine. My grandma loves to sew! Every year for our birthday and for Christmas she would make my sister and I a new dress. I spent many years watching her sew and feel very privileged to be able to use her machine. Here are pictures of my first project made on my new machine. If you have been sewing for more than five minutes, unlike me, :) try not to laugh at my shaky stitching!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Drew seems to be constantly changing at this stage in his growth. He is always learning new "tricks" as Donnie calls them :) and is making new sounds & different expressions all the time. He is definitely teething and may be getting a tooth very soon! We were able to spot two white dots on his gum and have been experiencing all the other joys that come with teething - drooling, gnawing & some irritability. Through it all, Drew still manages to be a very happy baby and is always quick with a smile! We are so thankful for our little man!!! :)
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Try this yummy Fall recipe...
- Cinnamon Caramel Corn with Pecans & White Chocolate
- Recipe by Our Best Bites
- 12 C popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernels)
- 1 C pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 C karo syrup (or honey makes a good substitution)
- 1 stick real butter (1/2 C)
- 1t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 3 squares almond bark (about 4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Place popcorn and chopped pecans in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a 2 liter capacity microwave safe bowl. Mix well. Chop butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture. Pour corn syrup over the top of everything. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine. Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes. Remove and stir and then microwave for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda. Stir to combine. Mixture will foam and rise. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and pecans and stir very well so everything is well coated.
- Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil-lined jelly roll pan. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread out on a large piece of parchment, waxed paper, or foil.
- Melt almond bark according to package instructions. Drizzle over popcorn mixture. When almond bark is hardened and popcorn is cool, break into chunks and enjoy!
Monday, October 12, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
We purchased 12 packages of bagels, 9 loaves of wheat bread and 30+ hamburger buns for $4.00!!!
What we couldn't refrigerate or freeze we were able to give to friends...
With the extra hamburger buns we made...
Apple Cinnamon French Toast...
and Mini Pizzas for a Sunday evening snack. :)